April 01, 2007

Hitting the Road Continued

Like to applogize for not finishing my Hitting the Road post at the time of my trip finished. Things came up, so here it is now.
Last I left you at Mt Rushmore and some awesome views and pictures of the Presidents carved into a mountain side. It is amazing how humans can create something out of anything.
After spending the day and overnight in the Rushmore area, I then headed to my final destination (but, I had to leave out a stop that I had planned on going to before the last destination, it was Devils Tower, Money situation, but hey that is the type of trip I had planned for also.) Rocky Mountain National Park was my destination at this time. I left Mt Rushmore with close to 70 degrees the day before I got to Colorado. The day I left for the park it was overcast and then started to rain. When I got into the park, bout 7 hours later it was snowing.

I got to shoot some cool wildlife in and out of the park. With the drive in I had seen and photographed Pronghorns.




When I got to the National Park I asked the ranger how the wildlife was that day. He said that it must be good since no-one came back to tell him that it wasn't who entered before me. Not even a mile into the Park I saw some cars in a parking area and looking up the mountain. I parked and got out to see what they saw. Bull Elks on the mountain side.




I headed more into the park and kept taking shots as I went.





More Elk



If I actually showed you all the elk I had seen this blog would be an all elk blog and not a trip blog. I have may other cool shots of more Elk but I do not want to use up all this and bore you with anymore elks.

I do have a few pics to snow you how much show and what the scale is of the mountains out there.

The scale, Can you find the Hikers?


Here is the Snow....




Here is a pic of the town I stay at outside the Park. Estes Park, Colorado


Oh, and of course a pic of me in the park

No comments:


About Me

Just a guy who likes to fly fish and draw. Been doing both ever since I can remember.