January 30, 2007

First trip of 2007

Back in the beginning of the month I took a 2000 mile round trip in my Jeep Wrangler. I started in Colulmbus, Ohio and drove down to Alanta, GA to visit my Cousins. The big highlight of the Alanta trip was that I was able to see the Inuagural Ceremony of the Governer. That was so sur-real to me. I was able to do things that I thought wouldn't happen in my life. Walking on the floor of Philips Arena along with walking through the tunnel where the Hockey and Basketball players come out from the locker rooms. I took a good amount of photos during the ceremony, but did something really stupid. I transfer the photos to my laptop to have stored and erased them from the camera's card. While I was transfer the pictures that I had take during the trip to an external, I was dumb enought not to double check myself on the external to see if I did transfer them and i deleted them from the laptop. STUPID, STUPID. Another thing that was planned for me by my cousins was a trip to Atlanta's Aquarium. It is suppost to be the largest in the US or World. That was a trip in itself. They have a tank that is 600 million gallons that can hold 6 Forty-foot Whale Sharks. At that time, they had 4 Fourteen-Foot Whale sharks picture below.

But my favorite exhibite I will say has to be the Seadragon tank. I do not think that there is any other animal on this planet, except one that can top this creature for the best camoflage in its environment as this creature. The other one would have to be the walking stick insect. The Seadragon and LeafDragons move slowly but has such a grace it is awesome to watch and view.



I could go on and on about the aquarium and also add so many photos of what I took and saw there. That was done on my last day in Alanta, Tuesday.
Wednesday morning I hopped back into my Wrangler and headed west toward MT. Home, Arkansas. Visiting an old Co-worker (who actually switch me from spinning fishing to Fly fishing). Of course the main reason for heading there was to do what my Blog title FLY FISHING. My friend lives not to far from the White River (which is know for its Trout) and also where the Buffalo River (First National River in the U.S.) drains into. The weather didn't really coopperate, plus it had made me cut my trip in Arkansas short. I did get two days of Fishing in. Did manage to catch 4 trout, 2 each day. The Ice storm was the cause of my early dismissal.



Here are some pics from Arkansas




Here is my friend Chris who I visited and fished with, along with the new addition to his family Mocha



So, since the Ice storm had me concerned about getting stuck on the mountain where Chris and his family lived. I jumped back in the Wrangler and headed to my original starting point of the trip. Columbus, Ohio.

2,000 miles and 7 days later I was home again.
Good to be home....until the next trip

No comments:


About Me

Just a guy who likes to fly fish and draw. Been doing both ever since I can remember.